Wedding planning for the groom in a Cameroon wedding is not that stressful. That is because it is customary that the bride does all the planning and the manning during the wedding. His most important role in planning their long awaited Cameroonian wedding is to support her bride to be in her planning.
Here are 7 tips for Grooms-to-be!
7. Groom’s Gifts. Prepare your gifts: 10 tins(250ml or 60 gallons)of palm oil, a barrel of meat, about $2,000 in cash, as much firewood as the grooms friends can bring, and a married woman’s outfit. It is very important to respect and honor each others customs and traditions.
6. Groom’s and Your Groom’s Men. It is a tradition for the groom to wear his father’s or grandfather’s Agbada for wedding ceremonies.The Groom’s Wardrobe should at least include the following: Fila or Kufi (a round box hat) Sokoto (slacks that tie at the waist and naroow at the ankle) Dashiki or an Agbada (embroidered for wedding ceremonies) Boubou (a long flowing robe). Assume responsibility in letting your men know when and where to get fitted for their wardrobe. Make sure to keep your partner posted to avoid unnecessary duplication of the same work.
5. Groom’s Registry. In creating a wedding registry, timing is definitely acceptable to start after the engagement. Wish for the things thast will be most meaningful to both the couple. That should save you a lot on some of your wants and gives you more allowance to take care of both of your needs in the future.
4. Groom’s Mom. It is a normal part of any wedding preparations. Planning is extremely a stressful event,a very normal and healthy part of the wedding process. It is after all, a major commitment. So many expectations to live up on your own, your parents and family’s expectations of the wedding. Sometimes, the grooms mom or dad or even sister can throw in a lot of opinion for your fiance that sometimes it becomes overwhelming for her. As the groom be responsible to solve all this wedding jitters. Let your folks know that their interest are well appreciated but despite that, this is your wedding and the decisions in planning should always come from both of you.
3. Groom’s Support. Emotional support is what every bride needs on her wedding day. Do understand, that every bride wishes to have her dream wedding of a lifetime, that is why she pushes herself so hard and oftentimes stressess herself to make every detail a memorable one.
2. Groom’s Opinion. Always assure your bride to be that you are there whatever planning she does. Remind her that you can help in some aspects of your wedding. Let her know your interest especially the one’s that you two have shared in common.
1. Groom’s Emotions. Exchanging wedding vows are one of the most important part in your wedding. Pour out your best emotions let her know how you love her, how she brings out the best in you, how she makes you laugh and that she means everything to you. Do make her feel special this day and for all the coming days of your life together.