Food customs at ceremonial occasions in Cameroon are very festive. At the visit of an honored guests in a Cameroonian Wedding, a chicken, goat, sheep, or steer is served to guests. It entails barrels of meat to be serve. After the occasion, the bride may even may dance in the street to celebrate her happiness. Thus, extending the festivities even to the public vicinities. Sometimes whole roads will be blocked and the bride will be paraded in the streets while honking horns, waving, and screaming to celebrate the marriage.
The Wedding Reception takes up around 4-5 hours and approximately 50-70 percent of the wedding budget. Not only does it take most of the time of the event but it also takes up the majority of the wedding budget.
Here are 6 aspects to consider in planning for your wedding reception.
6. Traditions in the Wedding Program. If the wedding ceremony is what’s all that matters to the couples, the wedding program is what makes the whole event worth remembering for your guests. Make sure that your party host is connected to both of your lives so he/she makes a balance in acknowledging both parties. You have to keep each part of the program as concise to save on time and assure that all the parts of the program as followed before the time is up. It is also important to prepare an ice breaker to divert leading moments to personal indulgence on some overwhelmed speakers. Limit the number of speakers to contain the conversations and topics in the event. Make sure that you prepare for a worth-remembering stylish “thank you” part and departing portion of the program. It matters when the event ends with a “bang!”
5. Preparing the Wedding Invitations. Expect that 80-90 percent of all that you will invite will attend. A very important aspect in budgeting for the wedding is the number of guests. Thus, it is important that couples send the wedding invitations early to get possible feedback on who is coming and who is not. This way, you get a more close to realistic headcount important for the wedding planning.
4. Choosing the Wedding Venues. The wedding venue is a major aspect of your wedding. Not only does it set the atmosphere for the actual event and memorabilia but it also sets the pace of your budgeting. A venue that offers a fee for packages inclusive of both venue, furnitures and decor might cut your costs off significantly. Also, when talking about wedding venues, make sure you always have a plan B for unexpected cases like weather changes or outdoor venues or power outages.
3. Your Type of Wedding Decors. Brides are actually the more particular on the decors, secondary to the wedding venue, this is as important as this will dictate the mood and atmosphere of your wedding day. It is important that you decide on the motif and theme that you would like to use for your wedding to make sure that this compliments to the other aspects of the wedding like the gowns and the venues. If you have planned well, wedding decors need not be extravagant, you may play with the table sizes to save on table centerpieces, you may go with larger-sized balloons to fill in party spaces for a low cost.
2. Wedding Service Contracts. In making deals with vendors and suppliers for your wedding, not only do you need to consider the budget, but you also have to consider integrity. Make sure that you have every contract in black and white to assure every service provider’s commitment to make your wedding successful.
1. Most Importantly, the Wedding Budget. Make sure that you define the vital aspects of your wedding that needs budget allocation. Then, list them in priority numbers. After such, define the budget for each segment and make sure to allow margin for changes. Eventhough you have prepared a felxible budget for this big event, it helps to know that you do not have to be extravagant on this day. Learn some budget tips from those experiences available for free on the internet and from friends and family members who have been there. Some example of saving tips includes listing of inexpensive stylish party tokens, rethinking of humble decorations, getting service packages over a la carte service renting, or getting a simple cake perked up with fresh flowers instead of showing off the ones with delicate icing that comes off from expensive labor.