Buea, South West Region, Cameroon, tenths of weddings are celebrated yearly in this beautiful town. Located at the foot of Mount Cameroon, Buea has always been known for its legendary hospitality. Thanks to the state University and the numerous professional schools, the town has become a nice and unique cultural melting pot where Bakweri people, native of the town, easily blend with people from the other nine country’s regions. Gifted with a smooth climate, Buea is the indicated place to join destinies. Now, let’s get to the day matter: the hall.
5 tips for the hall choice
When you do not intend to celebrate your wedding in your house, or any other place where you control everything, use these tips in selecting the hall:
- Look for a place with an impeccable reputation;
- Find some women who celebrated their wedding in your prospective halls (vivid experiences are always better than the information you might get from the halls’ managers);
- Make sure the place dimensions are adequate for all your guests to feel free, not tighten (this can be checked based on other women accounts);
- Ensure that you have agreed on all the decoration details with the person or company in charge;
- Appoint someone you trust to follow up the preparation of the hall and keep you updated (E.g.: pictures, detailed account); you’ll be busy with other wedding issues (no need to stress yourself up by trying to regiment everything).
Depending on the marriage formula you have chosen, you might need not only a hall, but also a swimming pool (for example). In fact, you could have decided that before the usual evening/night party, you will like your invitees to relax around a swimming pool in the afternoon. In Buea, three main companies hold a share in wedding organization: Chariot Hotel, COIC and Mermoz Hotel. Chariot Hotel is located at Mile 18 (Bomaka), COIC in Soppo and Mermoz Hotel in Long Street.
6 tips for the hall choice in Buea
The general advice given above are of course applicable everywhere. Now, when it comes to Buea and the three up-mentioned names, take this into consideration:
- All companies offer halls (respectively Conference Hall and Spyce Night Club, OIC Pavilion, Mermoz Banquet Hall) as well as catering and decoration services. If you decide to benefit from all the services make sure you scrupulously checked all propositions (cost, menu…) before making your choice;
- Chariot Hotel Conference Hall entering capacity is a hundred and fifty. If the guests’ number is above, you can go for the Spyce whose capacity exceeds seven hundred;
- OIC Pavilion caterings is well known for its high quality and the hall entering capacity is a hundred for the hall, and around three hundred for the courtyard;
- Mermoz Banquet Hall is the classic in town, mostly chosen for departmental parties, official ceremonies and weddings. Its entering capacity can exceed three hundred;
- All three companies have been awarded the title of “Touristic Hotel of Cameroon”; their cause is noble as they make sure the town fauna and flora are protected. Their halls are nice and adequate depending on your guests’ number and wedding formula;
- It is realistic to say that Chariot Hotel is the one offering a wider formula range (swimming pool, kids’ attractions where they can be entertain, a larger courtyard for exterior celebration…)
Although these three are the pillars in the market, other companies are fast making a name in the industry, Eta Palace, D Tchuks Palace, just to name these two. You are still hesitating on where to celebrate your wedding, don’t look any further, wherever you find yourself: come to Buea. Nice halls are available and your most humble servant will be delighted to take you around town and to make sure her advice serve you in organizing an unforgettable wedding.